The Abbey of Lucedio was founded in 1123 by the Cistercian Monks that reclaimed the land starting here, first in Italy, rice growing at the beginning of the XV century.

As time went by, thanks to its strategic geographic position along the Via Francigena, the Abbey became a prosperous centre of economic and political power: three were the Popes that visited Lucedio.

Several noble Italian families fought for the possession of Lucedio which from the Gonzaga passed to the Savoy until it has been annexed to the properties of Napoleon at the beginning of the XIX century.

Later on, the Abbey became property of the Marquis Giovanni Gozani di San Giorgio, the ancestor of the present owner, Countess Rosetta Clara Cavalli d’Olivola Salvadori di Wiesenhoff.